This IRSE lecture will be on the design and delivery of telecoms solutions which have been implemented on the Thameslink Programme to enable a digital railway with 24 trains an hour European Train Control System (ETCS) operation with Automatic Train Control (ATO) through the centre of London.
Topics will include
- the upgrade of Global System Mobile - Railway (GSM-R) for use as the radio bearer for ETCS and for prove of concept in the Thameslink System Integration Lab;
- the deployment of a new Internet Protocol (IP) based signalling private network for the re-signalling of London Bridge;
- the use of an IP network for Traffic Management;
- the use of IP technology for station information and surveillance (SISS) in the rebuilt London Bridge station;
- and the upgrading of Customer Information Systems with new display formats, including train plans and platform zoning information, through the Thameslink Core.
For safety & security reasons you will need to register at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/irse-lse-lecture-the-application-of-digital-technologies-on-thameslink-tickets-52033274926 by the evening of Monday 21st January 2019
Please arrive from 17:30 for a 18:00 start.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for further information.